Monday, July 25, 2016
Posted By amy @ 3:16 pm | No Comments
Publication Date: July 8, 2016
Paperback & eBook; 364 Pages
Genre: Historical Fiction
From Shortlisted Author of the 2015 Kobo Emerging Writer Prize, Renny deGroot comes a new Historical Fiction.
Liesbeth Zwart forges her identity with courage and aptitude while nursing in France during WW1. As Liesbeth Bos, she feels that identity melting away; the skills she needed as a nurse in Paris are of little use to her as a wife and mother in post-war Netherlands.
As she grapples to adjust to her new reality, she is confronted with a shocking discovery that sends her fleeing with her young daughter to start a new life in Canada. The New World forces Liesbeth to reassess her own life and beliefs, but will it be enough to save her fractured family?
Renny deGroot is a first generation Canadian of Dutch parents. She is a published poet, song lyricist and novelist. Her debut novel, Family Business, was shortlisted in the Literary Fiction category, for the 2015 Emerging Writer Prize. She studied English Literature at Trent University.
Her strong Dutch roots continue to influence her while the love of her Canadian homeland with its beauty and freedom, flavors all that she does.
Renny lives in rural Ontario, Canada with her Great Pyrenees and Chocolate Lab.
Blog Tour Schedule
Tuesday, September 20
Guest Post at The Silver Dagger Scriptorium
Thursday, September 22
Review at A Book Drunkard
Friday, September 23
Review at Books, Dreams, Life
Saturday, September 24
Review at Queen of All She Reads
Monday, September 26
Guest Post by The Writing Desk
Wednesday, September 28
Spotlight at The Book Tree
Thursday, September 29
Review at Book Nerd
To enter the After Paris Blog Tour Giveaway please enter via the Gleam form below.
– 3 winners will receive a copy of Family Business by Renny deGroot (2015 Kobo Emerging Writer Prize Shortlist)
– 3 winners will receive a copy of the CD Macushla by renown Irish Tenor, Jimmy Carton (features songs from the era in which After Paris takes place)
– Giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST on September 30th. You must be 18 or older to enter.
– Giveaway is open internationally.
– Only one entry per household.
– All giveaway entrants agree to be honest and not cheat the systems; any suspect of fraud is decided upon by blog/site owner and the sponsor, and entrants may be disqualified at our discretion.
– Winner has 48 hours to claim prize or new winner is chosen.